Arabic Cultural Day 2019 - Morning

Each and everyone of us comes from a specific country or a specific nation, and everyone of us is proud of his nationality and his descent. For me, although I am Egyptian, I have lived most of my life in Saudi Arabia, and while Egypt is an Arabic country, Saudi Arabia is considered the land where Arabs first appeared. That being said, I am both proud of my Egyptian and Arabic origin likewise.

That being said, it's no surprise I was glowing when I heard that UTM IS has decided to hold a special event this year by the name of "Arabic Cultural Day". The objective of this event was for us, Arabs, to show how magnificent our culture is and how it's very diverse from one country to another yet very close to each other, we had to show the rest coming from different countries and cultures how amazing it's to be an Arab. Here is the announcement video:



I first heard about the event one week before it's due date which was on the 8th of April. The tickets were sold in a couple of places and were sold out really fast, I had bought 2 tickets
, one for the morning booths and one for the dinner at night. It was a hard wait for the event but was diffenetly worth it at the end. 

On the morning of the event, and I my friends planned to go at 10 am to attend the morning booths held by every country contributing in the event, there were many booths representing many countries but the ones that really caught my attention were these of the Libyan, Palestanian, Saudi, Yemeni, Egyptian, Iraqi booths. I and my friends roamed about these booths for a couple of hours and had fun in each of them, for example, in the Libyan booth I got to sit in the traditional Libyan tent and take photos with children dressed in Libyan clothes who were really cute and adorable.
 I also tried Libyan dishes like "T'ajeen" which was really delicious and flavorful.
 This is a photo of the Libyan booth:


The Yemeni booth was also excellent, they had this activity where they would dress you in traditional yemeni clothes and take photos of you, ofcourse I tried this and I think it came out well.Here is a photo of the Yemeni booth: 


Adjacent to the Yemeni booth was the Egyptian booth, It looked really cool with the presence of Egyptian tradition dish "Kushari", They also had a cool acitivity which was a video of the Pyramids in VR technology, I tried it and it was super exciting!

Here is a photo of the Egyptian booth: 


At the end, we had to vote for the best booth, and although I am Egyptian but I voted for the Libyan booth because I thought they did the best job.
This summed it up for the morning booths, the rest of the time until afternoon was all about dances from different countries, we all dances to the fine Arabic tunes.




The morning was full of joy and energy, but the night was even more thrilling and enjoyable with the performances by each country, the talent show, and the the Arabic dinner, Stay tuned for a follow up post where I go over that amazing evening full of joy and glee!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts